Looking for an exciting role with an active and engaged industry organisation? Look no further (2 roles available)!
Why join us?
- Competitive fixed pay. This includes base pay plus superannuation guarantee (currently 10%)
- Benefits, including:
- Flexible working arrangements
- Career progression and growth opportunities
- Professional Development
- Birthday leave and gift card
- Member benefits extended to staff, including Good Guys, Gym/fitness discounted memberships
- Salary Packaging Service
- Employee Assistance Program
- Two Days each year for volunteer work (individual or as a team) with recognised charities (Common Good, Ozharvest, PIF)
- Opportunity to purchase additional Annual Leave
The Australian Property Institute (the API) is the leading and contemporary membership organisation for property professionals. API sets and maintains the highest standards of professional practice, education, Code of Ethics, and professional conduct for its members and raises the bar for the entire property profession.
At the API, we strive to be the best at what we do, both in the eyes of our members and our people. We believe a healthy work-life balance can be highly motivating and productive. We aspire to be a tribe in every sense and support one another as we work collaboratively toward a common goal. By joining our team, you are joining us in our purpose to support and empower property professionals. At the API, you will always be learning and growing in a dynamic environment.
About This Opportunity
We have 2 full-time Shared Services Officer roles, based in Brisbane, working three days from the office and two days from home. The roles are 12 months fixed term with the possibility of extension based on business needs and performance.
This role forms an integral part of the Shared Services Team and exemplifies the recognised values and behaviours of the API. The Shared Services Officer is primarily responsible for the provision of administrative services across the API’s portfolios. These tasks may be in the areas of standards and compliance, Presidential Appointments, membership management, event management, educational module provision, accounts payable and receivable, travel arrangements, advocacy support, committee management and state office management.
Day-to-day duties will include (but not be limited to):
- Assist with the support of the API teams.
- Assist with processing of membership applications and renewals to enable their approval.
- Assist with the administration of local events.
- Assist with the support of the Standards and Compliance team.
- Coordinating interviews in each state and managing admission, including paperwork, in a timely manner.
- Setting and managing redirections with our central phone system, RingCentral and reviewing and reporting analytics from the usage of the phone system.
- Provide administrative support to the Chief Operating Officer, office (Brisbane/Sydney) and wider Shared Services team.
- Identify and maintain contractors for the office (Brisbane/Sydney).
- Support the accounts payable and receivable functions.
- Receiving member and non-member calls and providing support to resolve their issue in a timeframe to suit the API service standard.
- Logging all interactions with members in the main customer relationship management system.
- Provide administrative support to the API team.
- Coordinating and managing the cleaning and maintenance of the meeting rooms, board rooms, kitchens, and other shared areas within the office.
- Assist with the administration of education modules as required.
- Assist with processing Chair Nominations.
- Scan and upload local supplier invoices to centralised storage.
- Manage Committee efficiency and output by maintaining membership registers, ensuring meetings are regularly scheduled, minutes are taken and distributed, and actions are followed up.
- Manage various email mailboxes.
- Perform other duties as directed, consistent with the Shared Services Officer’s skills and role.
- This is an important administrative support role that requires the incumbent to have demonstrated experience in office administration and the ability to develop and maintain effective administrative systems and communications channels with other staff members as well as API stakeholders.
- Clearly demonstrated ability in applying practical experience to undertake a variety of administrative tasks including some specific to the API.
- Effectively use a range of computerised systems, technology, and telephony solutions to undertake work tasks, triage, refer or escalate work tasks, enter data, and maintain up to date records to facilitate work allocation, performance analysis and service improvement.
- Understanding and demonstrated skills and experience in working with a range of administrative office technologies.
- Positive and can-do attitude with a flexible and adaptable approach to the role
- Superior organisational and time-management skills with an ability to manage and coordinate a range of projects.
- Monitor progress of projects by working with project owners to ensure project plans and regular progress reports are submitted.
- An ability to work within a team or autonomously with the capacity to deliver results and meet deadlines through well-developed project management and administration skills.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate with a diverse group of stakeholders, both internal and external, building constructive and long-term relationships.
- An understanding of and the ability to apply WHS and EEO principles.
Experience & Qualifications
- At least 3 years’ experience in general office administration.
- Experience using multiple computer-based systems and the ability to learn new systems with ease.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt and to learn and implement new processes and procedures as new technology, service requirements and work methods emerge.
- Exceptional computer literacy skills particularly in the Microsoft 365 and Adobe suite.
- Demonstrated skill and experience in stakeholder/customer relations.
- Demonstrated skill and experience in financial system data entry.
- Knowledge and/or experience with a membership/not-for-profit organisation.
- Tertiary qualifications in Business Administration or Project Management.
This position reports to the Chief Operating Officer.
You must be an Australian Citizen or the holder of an Australian Permanent Residency Visa to be eligible for this role.
We value diversity and inclusion, and actively encourage applications from those who bring diversity to the API.
For application queries, please contact [email protected] stating the role title in the subject line.
To apply for this role, use the apply button. All applicants must supply the following documents:
- Cover letter addressing key selection criteria
Australian Property Institute