Looking for an exciting role with an active and engaged industry organisation?
Look no further!
The Australian Property Institute (the API) is the leading and contemporary membership organisation for property professionals. The API sets and maintains the highest standards of professional practice, education, Code of Ethics, and professional conduct for its members and therefore raises the bar for the entire property profession.
We are looking for an Event Manager to join the Events team.
About This Opportunity
This is a full-time, 24-month fixed-term contract based in Melbourne. This position is primarily responsible for developing and managing the API Events Program. The Event Manager will work closely with all API business units to ensure delivery of high-quality events with relevant content and a consistent brand. The position will also provide input and support for the development of nationally consistent event management procedures and execution.
Day-to-day duties will include (but not be limited to):
- Working closely with the other business units to deliver the API Events Strategy and providing full end to end consultancy and event delivery services not limited to face-to-face events, hybrid, virtual, webinars, seminars, and recordings.
- Development and management of all API events.
- Deliver the webinar program ensuring alignment between the events calendar and education team.
- Work with and support Member Services Managers and stakeholder groups to provide support and ensure national consistency at large state, territory, or regional events.
- Liaise with external stakeholders and facilitate networking where appropriate.
- Assistance in sourcing and obtaining quotes from venues and other suppliers.
- Administrative support for events including development of run sheets, event briefs and other event collateral such as invoicing.
- Attendance at events where required (may involve periodic interstate travel and out of hours work).
- Liaising with suppliers and partners to ensure a high level of service delivery.
- Assisting in management of engagement strategy for the events calendar.
- Contributing to customer service and member support being the main point of contact for event enquiries.
- Fostering relationships and links with members, key stakeholders, and organisations.
- Maintain and mange API Events reporting to API leadership and stakeholders, such as End of Event Reports, CEO Reports and Annual Reports.
- Contributing to effective teamwork and collective success.
- Effective use of API resources in accordance with current API policies including delegations and approved budgets.
- Event planning and management, including achieving financial outcomes.
- Engage with API leadership and staff to ensure synergies exist between the events agenda and the broader strategic plan of API.
- Create and maintain API’s Event Management Framework, ensuring event consistency across API events
- Support end-to-end delivery of the National Property Conference, National Excellence in Property Awards program, and National Event Series.
- Assist in the development and implementation of nationally consistent event management procedures, sourcing, and templates.
- Support the Membership Services Team to deliver the full program of local, state, and national events.
- Provide consultancy services to API business units to deliver a consistent, profitability and experience led events program.
- Provide end to end support for API business units for event management.
- Monitor and manage risks within the API Risk Management Framework.
- Perform other duties as directed, consistent with the Event Manager skills and role.
- Clearly demonstrated strategic and operational experience in events, planning and management within a complex and multifaceted organization, including budget development, management, and financial reporting.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate with a diverse group of stakeholders, both internal and external, building constructive and long-term relationships.
- Proven experience in managing partner and exhibitor deliverables.
- Experience working with multi-functional and remote teams.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate with a diverse group of stakeholders both internal and external, building constructive and long-term relationships. This includes the ability to actively represent the API brand through an energetic and inspiring communication style.
- An ability to work within a team or autonomously with the capacity to deliver results and meet deadlines through well-developed project management and administration skills.
- An understanding of and the ability to apply WHS and EEO principles.
Experience & Qualifications
- Minimum three years of event management experience.
- Experience in running major events with complex programs (e.g., concurrent sessions, social functions, site inspections, trade exhibitions, etc.) for audiences of over 500.
- Financial management of a national multi-event program and large-scale conference budgets.
- Experience in strategic program development across a range of event types.
- Strategic digital, social media and communications experience.
- Microsoft Dynamics skills.
- Tertiary qualification in events management or a related field.
- Experience in a corporate Learning and Development environment such as Powerhouse Hub.
- At least two years of experience using EventsAIR, including the ability to build interactive sites, attendee apps, organiser apps and generate complex reports.
- Proficiency in using Adobe suite including lnDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Webinar or video production experience.
- Experience in event marketing or communications.
- Experience within a membership-based not-for-profit organisation or association.
What We Offer
- Access to our Member Rewards, such as discounts to The Good Guys, Renault and many more.
- Salary sacrificing options are available to eligible employees, to increase your take-home pay.
- A flexible and supportive workplace, with excellent work-life balance and opportunities for career progression and development.
- A collaborative work environment with a passionate team of people committed to achieving the best outcomes for our employees.
For application queries, please contact [email protected] [link removed] stating the role title in the subject line.
To apply for this role, use the apply button. All applicants must supply the following documents:
- Cover letter addressing key selection criteria
We value diversity and inclusion, and actively encourage applications from those who bring diversity to the API.
Australian Property Institute
$65,000 - $74,999