Looking for an exciting role with an active and engaged industry organisation?
Look no further!
The Australian Property Institute (the API) is the leading and contemporary membership organisation for property professionals. API sets and maintains the highest standards of professional practice, education, Code of Ethics, and professional conduct for its members and therefore raises the bar for the entire property profession.
We are looking for a Shared Services Administration Officer to join our dynamic Shared Services team.
About This Opportunity
The Shared Services Administration Officer is a full-time role based in Sydney/Brisbane, working three days from the office and two days from home. This role forms an integral part of the Shared Services Team and exemplifies the recognised values and behaviours of the API.
The Shared Services Officer is primarily responsible for the provision of administrative services across the API’s portfolios. These tasks may be in the areas of standards and compliance, Presidential Appointments, membership management, event management, educational module provision, accounts payable and receivable, travel arrangements, advocacy support, committee management and state office management.
Day-to-day duties will include (but not be limited to):
- Assist with the support of the API teams.
- Assist with processing of membership applications and renewals to enable their approval.
- Assist with the administration of local events.
- Assist with the support of the Standards and Compliance team.
- Coordinating interviews in each state and managing admission, including paperwork, in a timely manner.
- Setting and managing redirections with our central phone system, RingCentral and reviewing and reporting analytics from the usage of the phone system.
- Provide administrative support to the Chief Operating Officer, office (Brisbane/Sydney) and wider Shared Services team.
- Identify and maintain contractors for the office (Brisbane/Sydney).
- Support the accounts payable and receivable functions.
- Receiving member and non-member calls and providing support to resolve their issue in a timeframe to suit the API service standard.
- Logging all interactions with members in the main customer relationship management system.
- Provide administrative support to the API team.
- Coordinating and managing the cleaning and maintenance of the meeting rooms, board rooms, kitchens, and other shared areas within the office.
- Assist with the administration of education modules as required.
- Assist with processing Chair Nominations.
- Scan and upload local supplier invoices to centralised storage.
- Manage Committee efficiency and output by maintaining membership registers, ensuring meetings are regularly scheduled, minutes are taken and distributed, and actions are followed up.
- Manage various email mailboxes.
- Perform other duties as directed, consistent with the Shared Services Officer’s skills and role.
This is an important administrative support role that requires the incumbent to have demonstrated experience in office administration and the ability to develop and maintain effective administrative systems and communications channels with other staff members as well as API stakeholders.
- Clearly demonstrated ability in applying practical experience to undertake a variety of administrative tasks including some specific to the API.
- Effectively use a range of computerised systems, technology, and telephony solutions to undertake work tasks, triage, refer or escalate work tasks, enter data, and maintain up to date records to facilitate work allocation, performance analysis and service improvement.
- Understanding and demonstrated skills and experience in working with a range of administrative office technologies.
- Positive and can-do attitude with a flexible and adaptable approach to the role.
- Superior organisational and time-management skills with an ability to manage and coordinate a range of projects.
- Monitor progress of projects by working with project owners to ensure project plans and regular progress reports are submitted.
- An ability to work within a team or autonomously with the capacity to deliver results and meet deadlines through well-developed project management and administration skills.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate with a diverse group of stakeholders, both internal and external, building constructive and long-term relationships.
- An understanding of and the ability to apply WHS and EEO principles.
Experience & Qualifications
- At least 3 years experience in project management and/or administrative experience.
- General office administration skills.
- Experience using multiple computer-based systems, and the and ability to learn new systems with ease.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt and to learn and implement new processes and procedures as new technology, service requirements and work methods emerge.
- Exceptional computer literacy skills, particularly in Microsoft 365 and Adobe suit.
- Demonstrated skill and experience in stakeholder/customer relations.
- Demonstrated skill and experience in financial system data entry.
- Knowledge of the workings of the API would be highly regarded.
- Knowledge and/or experience with a membership/NFP organisation would be an advantage.
- Experience working with various committees.
- Experience working with Microsoft Dynamics.
- Understanding or experience of the property profession.
You must be an Australian Citizen or the holder of an Australian Permanent Residency Visa to be eligible for this role.
We value diversity and inclusion, and actively encourage applications from those who bring diversity to the API.
What We Offer
- Access to our Member Rewards, such as discounts to The Good Guys, Renault and many more.
- Salary sacrificing options are available to eligible employees, to increase your take-home pay.
- A flexible and supportive workplace, with excellent work-life balance and opportunities for career progression and development.
- A collaborative work environment with a passionate team of people committed to achieving the best outcomes for our employees.
For application queries, please contact [email protected] stating the role title in the subject line.
To apply for this role, use the apply button. All applicants must supply the following documents:
- Cover letter addressing key selection criteria
Australian Property Institute