Looking for an exciting role with an active and engaged industry organisation?
Look no further!
The Australian Property Institute (the API) is the leading and contemporary membership organisation for property professionals. API sets and maintains the highest standards of professional practice, education, Code of Ethics, and professional conduct for its members and therefore raises the bar for the entire property profession.
We are on the hunt for an experienced Professional Conduct Officer to join the Standards & Compliance department.
About this Opportunity
This position provides support to the General Manager of Standards and Compliance and will involve providing management and support to the API Professional Conduct process, APIV Professional Standards Scheme, Professional Standards and Standards Steering Committee.
The Professional Conduct Officer is a full-time, maternity cover role based in Brisbane for the duration of 6 months, with the possibility of extension on a part-time basis after that. It is a flexible role, working 3 days at the API Brisbane city office, and 2 days from home. Some out of hour’s work may be required on occasion.
Day-to-day duties will include (but not be limited to):
- Respond to member inquiries and help resolve issues on professional practice standards and APIV Scheme.
- Be a point of contact for grievances against members and appropriately triage complaints before deciding how best to resolve them. This will involve gathering and evaluating all the available information before determining the most appropriate way to proceed.
- Apply dispute resolution frameworks including conciliations between API Members and complainants and employ negotiation and problem-solving skills to facilitate the appropriate resolution of disputes.
- Provide operational, project management and administrative support to the Professional Standards team.
- Monitor and manage the Professional Standards Inbox, as required.
- Monitor and manage risks within API operational procedures to ensure compliance with API’s Risk Management Framework.
- Provide administrative and coordination support to the Professional Standards team, as required.
- Perform other duties as directed, consistent with the Professional Conduct Officer skills and role.
- Assist in the development and review of the Professional standards, guidelines, and resources.
- Draft and/or prepare responses to correspondence on professional matters received by the API Standards portfolio.
- Project manage audit processes required to uphold the API Standards including but not limited to the Continuing Professional Development requirements of membership.
- Provide support services to the GM Standards and Compliance and guidance to the Standards and Compliance Coordinator to manage and complete action items, for the Australian Valuation Standards Committee, the Australian Property Standards Committee, and other national and local committees relating to Professional Standards, as required.
- Assist with research and preparation of written submissions, policy documents, and guidance material.
- Support the Australian Property Institute Valuers Limited (APIV) Professional Standards Scheme renewal.
- Disseminate information and guidance material to members on industry developments, issues, and standards.
- Assist in the review and development of systems and procedures.
- Coordinate approaches from Members and from the public with regards to professional standards and conduct. This Officer, under the guidance of General Manager – Standards and Compliance, is responsible for handling general inquiries and generating follow up through the Professional Conduct process.
- Assess whether complaints are within the jurisdiction of the API.
- Interpreting and applying legislation, standards, policies, and guidelines in relation to API Members.
- Operating a range of computer-based applications, including word processing, spreadsheet and database software, ensuring high-level security and confidentiality of data and records is maintained when relevant.
- Liaising with all parties involved and communicating process and case management procedures.
- Maintaining detailed and efficient filing and follow up/case progression systems within timelines.
- Keeping up-to-date about changes to standards.
- Keep the Professional Conduct webpage up to date with relevant resources.
- Ensuring all communications are handled with professionalism and tact.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Experience in dealing with a complaints & customer feedback service.
- Minimum two years administration experience.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong analytical and project management skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail and report writing skills.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work within a team or autonomously.
- An understanding of and the ability to apply WHS and EEO principles.
- Experience in a property related discipline.
- Knowledge and/or experience with a membership/not-for-profit organisation.
You must be an Australian Citizen or the holder of an Australian Permanent Residency Visa to be eligible for this role.
We value diversity and inclusion, and actively encourage applications from those who bring diversity to the API.
What We Offer
- Access to our Member Rewards, such as discounts to The Good Guys, Renault and many more.
- Salary sacrificing options are available to eligible employees, to increase your take-home pay.
- A flexible and supportive workplace, with excellent work-life balance and opportunities for career progression and development.
- A collaborative work environment with a passionate team of people committed to achieving the best outcomes for our employees.
For application queries, please contact [email protected] stating the role title in the subject line.
To apply for this role, use the apply button. All applicants must supply the following documents:
- Cover letter addressing key selection criteria
Australian Property Institute