Posted: 4 May 2021
Notice is hereby given that the 2021 Annual General Meeting of the Australian Property Institute Limited (ACN 608 309 128) will be on 26 May 2021 at the Australian Property Institute Ltd Head Office, Level 3/ 60 York Street Sydney, NSW 2000 and via LUMI Global Conference Services, commencing at 4.00pm.
The AGM will be facilitated as a hybrid meeting, members will be provided with an ability to attend the AGM using LUMI Global Conference Services by following the link, which will be uploaded to the API’s website,
to consider the following business:
1. To adopt the Minutes of the Annual General Meeting held on Wednesday 27 May 2020 via Redback Webinar Conference Services.
The minutes of the 2020 Annual General Meeting will be made available on the website at www.api.org.au.
2. To receive and consider the following Reports for the 12-month period ended 31 December 2020:
- the Annual Report in respect of Australian Property Institute Limited and its controlled entities;
- Auditor’s report; and
- Financial report.
Australian Property Institute Limited’s Annual Report will be published on the website.
3. To announce the results of the election of Directors
As there are more nominations than vacant positions to be filled for this year’s director nominations, the election is to be conducted in accordance with clause 8.30 (b)(ii) of API’s Constitution. Meaning, the election must be held via a ballot (electronically). The four nominees who receive the highest number of votes will be elected to fill the four vacant positions. Practically, this means it is a ‘first past the post’ method. If any of the nominees are ranked in the top 4, by number of votes, but are subsequently disqualified by reason of clause 9.1(c), meaning their election will result in three directors residing in the same State, they will be excluded and replaced with the nominee who receives the next highest number of votes. There is no need to re-conduct the ballot and exclude that person from the election. This same method ought to be applied until there are four nominees that are not excluded by clause 9.1(c). We confirm there is no preferential voting.
4. To consider and to vote on the following member motions:
- Motion 1 (ordinary resolution): To amend the Australian Property Institute Limited Constitution to increase the term of office of Directors and Appointed Directors to three (3) years.
- Motion 2 (ordinary resolution): To amend Australian Property Institute Limited Constitution at clause 17.1 to stipulate that copies of financial statements must be distributed to Eligible Members by the earlier of;
- a) 21 days before the next AGM after the end of the financial year; and
- b) 4 months after the end of the financial year.
5. To deal with any other business which is brought forward in conformity with Australian Property Institute Limited’s Constitution.
By order of the Board.
Australian Property Institute Limited
2021 AGM – COVID19 SPECIAL ARRANGEMENTS
Due to the potential for changing COVID restrictions your Board of Directors request the following in relation to the 2021 API Limited AGM
- Members intending to attend the meeting in person should register your intention to the API Company Secretary via email at firstname.lastname@example.org – by 5.00pm (AEST) Monday 17 May 2021
- Members are advised they should monitor the API website for updates regarding the change of venue or supplementary notice of meeting for the API AGM. Any alternative venue will be located close to the location as detailed in this Notice of Meeting.
- Members are encouraged to lodge questions to your Board of Directors prior to the meeting.
Questions can be directed to the API Company Secretary via email at email@example.com.